-->

13 Pictures of Incredible Clouds from Western Ghats!

First time I saw white fluffy cottony clouds below me, through the flight window, I almost cried! That's how much I love clouds. There is something so inexplicably magical and mysterious about the white wonder that comes and goes and makes everything around it look so beautiful. I never knew these kind of views existed in the real world and even if they did, I wondered they must be in some place exotic quite far away. When I saw photos of clouds in Western Ghats I didn't believe it, until I saw the magic unfold in front my eyes. Today I have been blessed enough to have a collection of photos of clouds from Western Ghats, it has been 3 years since I started trekking and I have seen clouds very few times. Of those few times I had even lesser time to shoot the clouds, but many misses later, I think I can show you a quarter of the actual opulence through these captures of mine.

Kodachadri Clouds
One of the most beautiful things I have seen so far in all my travels is clouds drift into valleys. This was seen quite recently around Kodachadri during sunset.

When I say good things come to those who wait, I am not kidding. See what we saw just because we waited it out. A Brilliant show of clouds and colors at Narasimha Parvatha during Sunset.

Way back in 2010, I had my heart skip a beat. That was after all the first time I was seeing clouds beneath my feet. Shot at Kodachadri during Sunset.

When the greens, whites and reds put up a show together, you can do nothing else but stare with wonder. Shot at Kodachadri last weekend during Sunset.

While the Sunsets always have been much more dramatic, Sunrise brings calmness that nothing can compare with. Mornings are serene, solemn yet extremely soothing in its simplicity. Sunrise at Narasimha Parvatha.

At times, the camera sees much more than I do. The camera captures, I imagine. Both of us together can work wonders I guess.  Sunset at Narasimha Parvatha brought pink shades along with the greenery.

Walking along the clouds was always just a metaphor I thought. What did I know that such places do really exist, we haven't lost all yet. There is still a lot that can be preserved. Evening walk along the ridges, along the clouds, enroute Kodachadri.

Looking down at the trail we came through last night, if only we were still there while clouds kissed the sky! Ridges around Kodachadri, one morning during sunrise.

When we wake up to views like this, how can we not think Life is Beautiful? It is such a beautiful world all around us. Sunrise at Narasimha Parvatha.

Layers and layers of mountains in the far distance and only those who managed to rise high, rise above the clouds to enjoy the view. From inside it is nothing but blinding mist! Life's lessons taught with subtlety at Kodachadri during Sunset.

I always imagined if we jump into the clouds, we won't pass through, just how we saw in the cartoons as kids. I wonder how it would've been it were actually true, jumping into the clouds and float away along. Narasimha Parvatha magic at Sunrise.

It is quite difficult to see such clear clouds during monsoons, it is all misty and view is obscured. But the clouds are around nonetheless, sometimes they open up to show the green valleys beyond. Taken at Tadiyandmole one day.

I turned back a million times before I left. I was afraid the clouds might vanish in a split second. But they didn't, they stayed, until they left that is. But here in my mind, the clouds will be beneath my feet forever, Thank you Western Ghats, without you my life wouldn't be the same! Thank you for showing me the beauty that I never knew existed! Sunrise at Narasimha Parvatha.


No comments